The Director of Case Management job is responsible for Organizing, directing and supervising the functions of the Case Management Department, assuring that policy and procedures are followed; proper qualified staffing levels are maintained; supplies and equipment are at sufficient levels; that an efficient department is integrated with the other departments in the hospital. Additional responsibilities for:
- The development and implementation of the department’s budget.
- The director will assure ongoing performance improvement, encouraging educational improvement and assuring employees complete required yearly forums, for reviews and competencies.
- The director develops, evaluates, initiates, consults and advises the hospital in regard to performance and quality improvement and JCAHO standards related to case management. * The director participates in committees with the hospital medical staff to address and resolve issues.
- The director continually updates processes for monitoring and managing cases under all types of insurance.
- Bachelors Degree required; Masters Degree, preferred.
- Licensure in the State of Georgia as a Registered Professional Nurse is required.
- Two years clinical experience that directs and evaluates patient care.
- Previous utilization review experience preferred with knowledge of managed care systems and various review criteria.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation techniques with previous judgment and decision-making preferably in a utilization management/case management position of two years preferred
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Knowledge of management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of budgetary process and/or development
- Knowledge of administrative and operational process
- Knowledge of JCAHO regulation
- Able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skill through verbal and written communication to promote cooperation from health care team, providers, payers, patients and their families.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills are needed.
- GA Licensed Registered Nurse required
Cutting-edge facilities, world-renowned medical professionals and genuine compassion and caring. Working at Piedmont Henry Hospital isn't just a job - it's something better. Located in Stockbridge, Georgia, we're a 215-bed, not-for-profit community hospital where leading-edge technology and first-class care come together. We are an excellent destination for individuals who seek a collaborative and supportive environment for career growth.
Located 20 miles south of Atlanta, Stockbridge offers small-town hospitality and excellent public services. You may choose the excitement of life in the cosmopolitan city of Atlanta or select any of its vibrant suburbs. The entire area offers many opportunities to experience cultural diversity, dynamic entertainment and varied recreation.
or visit: piedmonthenry.org to learn more.
Piedmont Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer